The Oversight & Advisory Committee is responsible for guiding, co-designing, and supporting PVN.
Members of the committee include representatives from health care organizations, the Ministry of Health and the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC), as well as an equal number of patient representatives from across BC. The committee is co-chaired by Ben Ridout and Pamela Jessen.
The committee works in partnership with the BCPSQC to ensure that patient voices are included in the planning of PVN initiatives and operations, and that patients’ advice and recommendations are considered in all activities.
Also, the Committee and the BCPSQC work collaboratively on patient and public engagement, with the goal of improving and promoting the work of PVN.
Please refer to our Terms of Reference for more information on roles and responsibilities of the Committee.
February 2, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
February 23, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
April 25, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
June 22, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
September 25, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
November 21, 2017 – Agenda
- Betty Murray (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Lin Chen (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Dustine Tucker (Interior Region)
- Kimberly Strain (Fraser Valley Region)
- Kyle Warkentin (Fraser Valley Region)
- Sunaima Sharma (Fraser Valley Region)
- Cassy Mitchell (Northern Region)
- Cherie Mercer (Northern Region)
- Sherri Mytopher (Northern Region)
- Alyson Hagan-Johnson (Vancouver Island Region)
- Jim Cawsey (Vancouver Island Region)
- Pamela Jessen (Vancouver Island Region)
Health Care Representatives
- Colleen McGavin (BC SUPPORT Unit)
- Elisa Murru (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Alana Godin (Doctors of BC)
- Sonia Isaac Mann (First Nations Health Authority)
- Joshua Myers (Fraser Health)
- Karla Warkotsch (Interior Health)
- Deborah Harver (Island Health)
- Shannon Holms (Ministry of Health)
- Sheila Gordon-Payne (Northern Health)
- Kate McNamee (Providence Health Care)
- Kris Gustavson (Provincial Health Services Authority)
- Belinda Boyd (Vancouver Coastal Health)