We are inviting expressions of interest from both patient partners and health care partners to join our Oversight & Advisory Committee!
Find more information and the RSVP form below:
The Oversight & Advisory Committee is responsible for guiding, co-designing, and supporting PVN.
Members of the committee include representatives from health care organizations, the Ministry of Health and the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC), as well as an equal number of patient representatives from across BC. The committee is co-chaired by Teresa Bissenden and a patient partner.
The committee works in partnership with the BCPSQC to ensure that patient voices are included in the planning of PVN initiatives and operations, and that patients’ advice and recommendations are considered in all activities.
Also, the Committee and the BCPSQC work collaboratively on patient and public engagement, with the goal of improving and promoting the work of PVN.
Please refer to our Terms of Reference for more information on roles and responsibilities of the Committee.
February 2, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
February 23, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
April 25, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
June 22, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
September 25, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
November 21, 2017 – Agenda and Minutes
- Lin Chen (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Kimberly Strain (Fraser Valley Region)
- Kyle Warkentin (Fraser Valley Region)
- Cassy Mitchell (Northern Region)
- Sherri Mytopher (Northern Region)
- Alyson Hagan-Johnson (Vancouver Island Region)
- Jim Cawsey (Vancouver Island Region)
- Pamela Jessen (Vancouver Island Region)
Health Care Representatives
- Alana Godin (Doctors of BC)
- Sonia Isaac Mann (First Nations Health Authority)
- Joshua Myers (Fraser Health)
- Karla Warkotsch (Interior Health)
- Victoria Schmid (Island Health)
- Shannon Holms (Ministry of Health)
- Sheila Gordon-Payne (Northern Health)
- Kate McNamee (Providence Health Care)
- Kris Gustavson (Provincial Health Services Authority)
- Belinda Boyd (Vancouver Coastal Health)
A huge thank you to our outgoing representatives for all of their insight and hard work!
- Colleen McGavin (BC SUPPORT Unit)
- Elisa Murru (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Betty Murray (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Dustine Tucker (Interior Region)
- Sunaima Sharma (Fraser Valley Region)
- Cherie Mercer (Northern Region)