The Oversight & Advisory Committee is responsible for guiding, co-designing, and supporting PVN.
Members of the committee include representatives from health care organizations, the Ministry of Health and the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC), as well as an equal number of patient representatives from across BC. The committee is co-chaired by Ben Ridout and Jillianne Code.
The committee works in partnership with the BCPSQC to ensure that patient voices are included in the planning of PVN initiatives and operations, and that patients’ advice and recommendations are considered in all activities.
Also, the Committee and the BCPSQC work collaboratively on patient and public engagement, with the goal of improving and promoting the work of PVN.
- Betty Murray (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Joyce Sandercock (Greater Vancouver and Sunshine Coast Region)
- Dustine Tucker (Interior Region)
- Leya Stringer (Interior Region)
- Kimberly Strain (Fraser Valley Region)
- Sunaima Sharma (Fraser Valley Region)
- Sandra Smith (Northern Region)
- Cherie Mercer (Northern Region)
- Stephanie Hendrickson (Northern Region)
- Alyson Hagan-Johnson (Vancouver Island Region)
- Jillianne Code (Vancouver Island Region)
- Jim Cawsey (Vancouver Island Region)
Health Care Representatives
- Colleen McGavin (BC SUPPORT Unit)
- Katie Hughes (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Alana Godin (Doctors of BC)
- Sonia Isaac Mann (First Nations Health Authority)
- Joshua Myers (Fraser Health)
- Karla Warkotsch (Interior Health)
- Deborah Harver (Island Health)
- Shannon Holms (Ministry of Health)
- Sheila Gordon-Payne (Northern Health)
- Kate McNamee (Providence Health Care)
- Kris Gustavson (Provincial Health Services Authority)
- Belinda Boyd (Vancouver Coastal Health)