Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners from Greater Victoria
Island Health is revamping its public website and invites volunteers to test drive the site to help ensure it is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
Open to: Patient partners from Greater Victoria
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health Brand & Innovation
AimIsland Health is redesigning its website with the goal of making health information and resources as user-friendly as possible. Public feedback is being sought before the site launches to ensure it meets the needs of users and the project goals. Your participation will assist the team to meet these goals by identifying opportunities for improvement based on your experience.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Have some experience navigating health organization websites (novice internet users welcome)
- Previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Leah Smith directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Have attended a focus group or research discussion regarding web design in the past 6 months
- If you, or anyone in your household works for:
- Market research company;
- Media, public relations or communications;
- Marketing or advertising (not sales); or,
- Island Health
- Vacancies: 12
- Date: Between May 24 and June 9 (time to be determined)
- Location: In-Person at Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria (additional location details to be determined)
- Commitment: 1 hour
- Term: one-time event
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel (public transit, mileage, parking, etc.) to attend sessions will be reimbursed.
BackgroundThe current Island Health website was developed in 2005 and is ready to be revamped with a renewed focus on the patient and public experience. The Island Health Public Website Redesign project is led by the Online Engagement and Innovation Team within the Communications and Public Relations Department at Island Health. Web development company OpenRoad was selected to develop the new website following a transparent process. A Patient Advisory Council has been involved with the project since spring 2016 and various types of testing has occurred at other phases of the project. The intention of the usability testing is not to test your computer or web navigation skills. Instead your participation will help to identify where the website needs to be improved to make it easy for a broad range of people to use and access the information they require. The usability testing will take place at Royal Jubilee Hospital and will be facilitated by OpenRoad. Guided by the facilitator, participants will be given a task sheet and Island Health staff will observe and take notes on how participants carry out each task. The participants will be provided with a questionnaire at the end of the session and an opportunity to provide feedback. Particpants will also be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Southern Vancouver Island