Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Here is a chance to share your health experience with the Interior Health Board Quality Committee!
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health (IH), Quality Risk and Accreditation
- The goal is to have patients and their families share their health care experience with the Board Quality Committee of Interior Health and make recommendations or suggest actions to the board.
- The purpose is to make the board members aware of the patient’s or family member’s experience to provide more information about IH services throughout the region.
- Your presentation can describe a positive or negative experience (or both), and it is hoped that the patient partners will share their honest and open experiences.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to patient partners living in the Interior Health region
- Comfortable sharing your story/experience in a group setting
- Vacancies: 1
- Preparation call will be held the week of September 25, speaking notes are requested for this meeting
- Dates: April 16, June 18, October 1 and December 3 (note that dates are subject to change)
- Location: Kelowna (IH Corporate Office at 505 Doyle Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C5)
- The presentation can occur either in-person for those living within reasonable travel distance to Kelowna or by teleconference or video conference
- This is a one-time event
- Preparation calls will be held with the PVN Engagement Leader and an IH Representative. Speaking notes are requested to be sent in advance of your presentation.
- There will be four more meetings scheduled in 2018. Please send in your expression of interest now, as we are planning ahead and would like to schedule speakers in advance.
ReimbursementMileage and meals will be covered within reasonable travel distance but pre-approval is required.
BackgroundThe Board Quality Committee assists the board in fulfilling its responsibility to ensure excellent quality of patient, client, and resident care throughout the health authority by:
- ensuring that the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes an appropriate patient, client, resident-centred, and performance-based quality culture;
- providing support, input, and governance as the Interior Health Authority’s Leadership Team establishes and monitors performance targets, standards of care and service, guidelines and policies for patients, clients, and residents, while reducing associated risks; and
- advising the Board on the Health Authority’s progress and population health performance.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region