Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior region
Do you have an interest in informing Interior Health’s Virtual Care strategy? Virtual care connects patients and providers for the delivery of health care services, eliminating travel.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health Authority - Telehealth
AimInterior Health is developing a 3 year virtual care strategy. We would like the strategy to be informed by the patients/families perspective on what they know about Telehealth, their willingness to use it, and what tools they would prefer to use. The patient partner will be asked to review drafts of the strategy, and participate in discussions about their knowledge and use and preferences of telehealth tools.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- A mix of ages and rural/ urban participants is desired
- Some experience with telehealth and technology use (ie: computer, smart phone) is preferred.
- Previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Selena Davis directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 5-10
- Meeting by teleconference: 1-2 times per month for up to 1 hr
- Intitiative will likely include: Survey/Polling, Focus Group, Advisory Committee, and Patient Speakers
- Commitment is approx. seven months to a year
- Patient partners can expect the strategy to be completed by the end of 2017. They will receive drafts, and the final version of the strategy. They may be invited to help present at an Interior Health leadership table, or conference if they are interested in attending.
ReimbursementIf we bring people together face to face we will cover mileage, hotels, and meals. This may be done in a form of a stipend.
BackgroundTime to refresh Interior Healths Telehealth's strategy, and we recognize the importance of having the patients perspective. Steering Committee ( Dr. Douglas Kingsford, David Sookaveiff). No risks to the patient. We are in the process of drafting the project charter, and can make this available once it is finalized. It's directly related to acute, residential and community care.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo