Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Abbotsford area
Medical care isn’t always needed during the day for patients. Physicians also struggle to keep up with demand for services 24/7, which make it difficult for both patients and providers. The end result is a disproportionate use of the emergency rooms as primary care providers. The Abbotsford Division of Family Practice is hosting a facilitated conversation with patient partners to discuss the issue and look for innovative ways to improve communication on the options available for after hours medical care.
Open to: Patient partners in the Abbotsford area
Lead Organization or DepartmentAbbotsford Division of Family Practice
AimTo gain patients’ input on the successes and challenges of finding after hours care and discuss potential opportunities for patient education and communication about options available in Abbotsford.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Patient partners in Abbotsford and surrounding communities with particular experience with medical care in Abbotsford.
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
- Vacancies: 5
- Date/Time: To be determined, based on availability
- Orientation: You will be invited to attend a half an hour orientation call in preparation for the session.
- Location: Abbotsford
- Commitment: The time commitment is one, 3-4 hour facilitated conversation, with some follow-up via telephone, or other means.
- Other: Light refreshments will be provided.
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundThe Divisions of Family Practice is an innovation in health care in BC, designed to support and advocate for family physicians, increase primary health care capacity and improve patient health outcomes. The Abbotsford Division of Family Practice is a non-profit society governed by a Board of Directors with membership comprised of 132 family physicians in Abbotsford. More information about our organization can be found here.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley