Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Interior region
Do you have any experience with use of insulin? This opportunity focuses on education and discharge from hospital after starting on insulin.
Open to: Patient partners in the Interior region
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
- The goal of this project is to ensure a proactive and regionally standardized diabetes discharge planning and patient/family diabetes discharge teaching. The focus will be on patients who have experienced being discharged home new to insulin from hospital.
- The groups wants to consult with patients who will be asked to provide feedback and review forms to improve the patient experience and knowledge.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Recently experienced or supported someone who has been discharged from hospital, new to insulin
- Diverse representation from geographical areas across the Interior region
- Vacancies: 2-3
- There are no dates/times currently set, but it is anticipated that there will be multiple sessions or requests to review drafts and provide suggestions over the next 6 months
- Sessions will be held by teleconference
ReimbursementNo expenses anticipated for this opportunity
BackgroundThis is a small working group that is part of a larger Interior Health Acute Diabetes Working group looking to improve acute care diabetes through a variety of identified areas.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region