Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners from Prince George and the immediate area
Have you heard about our patient whiteboards? They’re tools for patients and their families to share what is important to them with their care team! If you have an interest in improving quality of care at the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia (UHNBC) by reviewing how these whiteboards are used, please read on!
Open to: Patient partners from Prince George and the immediate area
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health – Quality Improvement
AimNorthern Health would like to increase the use of “My Stay” whiteboards to help communicate with patients, family members. An upcoming review event will focus on patient and family members' understanding of how these whiteboards are used and identify strategies to make them more useful to those receiving care at UHNBC. The purpose of engaging patient partners is to ensure we understand what information is valuable to patients and families and discuss improvement ideas related to their widespread use.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to volunteers from Prince George and the immediate area.
- Patient partners should have experience staying at UHNBC (either as a patient or a family member) within the last two years.
- Patients should be comfortable sharing their own experiences and understanding within a larger group setting (approx. 15 individuals).
- If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, contact Anthony Gagné.
- Vacancies: 2-3
- Review session will be held on Thursday, May 17 2018, 1:30-3:00pm
- Session will be held in-person at UHNBC in Prince George
- This is a one-time event
ReimbursementParking at UHNBC will be covered in accordance with Northern Health’s expense reimbursement policy. Other expenses are not anticipated at this time.
BackgroundFor several years, Northern Health has made “My Stay” Whiteboards available to patients and their family members who are receiving inpatient care at UHNBC. These boards allow patients and family members to share their own thoughts, needs and goals with their care team on a daily basis should they choose to. However, there is little standardization on how these boards are used by patients, as well as how hospital staff review and discuss information with patients.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior