Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Fraser Health is committed to improving the safety, appropriateness and quality of health care services across the region. Including the patient voice highlights the importance of mutually beneficial partnerships to improve health care. We are seeking two to three patient advisors to join our Practice Council.
Fraser Health Professional Practice, Patient Experience
• To make recommendations to Fraser Health Leadership and individual practice councils that support healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality care that supports improved health outcomes and exceptional patient, family, and healthcare team experiences
• Patient advisors will be informed of Fraser Health work, provide advice and advocate for practices that enhance safe, quality healthcare and improve the patient, family, staff, and clinician experiences
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise at the involve level is that the patient partner will:
• Have access to the decision process and decision-makers
• Be provided the opportunity to give input throughout the process, and
• Receive direct feedback on how their input helped to influence the decision.
Patient Advisors from Fraser Health Communities who are interested in learning about Fraser Health, building new skills and
• Can speak to a lived experience with Fraser Health programs and services, either as a patient, family or caregiver
• Are positive and solution-focused
• Experience in large groups
• Understanding of council or committee work
Please note: Follow-up will include an informal conversation about the opportunity and determination of the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
To access the Fraser/Vancouver Coastal engagement opportunities one time only patient partner profile form, please click here.
• Number of vacancies: 2-3
• Date/Time: 4th Thursday every 2 months from 1300-1600 (six meetings per calendar year). If you are interested but are not able due to meeting times, we would like to hear from you and discuss your interest and alternative ways of contributing.
• Location: Virtual – Via Teleconference and/or video conferencing
• Commitment: One-year term (with an option for renewal)
In addition, there could be opportunities to participate in working groups (Shared Work Teams) developed to achieve identified goals and objectives.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. If there is a change to in-person, preapproved expenses related to travel to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage each way, parking, and public transit).
However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Our mission is to make recommendations to Fraser Health Leadership and individual practice councils that support healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality care that supports improved health outcomes and exceptional patient, family, and healthcare team experiences.
Our Goals are:
• Promote person-centred practices throughout all levels of the health system to support FH in achieving its purpose [https://www.fraserhealth.ca/aboutus/strategic-direction/strategic-direction].
• Support the healthcare team by providing learning opportunities that align with the FH strategic and operational plan and accreditation requirements.
• Provide input into the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of FH clinical decision support tools (CDSTs), policies and regional accreditation efforts.
• Provide a venue for discussion of clinical challenges and opportunities for improvement and a platform for future follow-up.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationJami Brown | BA, MAPC (she/her/hers)
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council