Connection method: Virtual
Open to Provincial Region
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) is seeking two patient partners to become members of their Strategic Committee to help ensure the implementation of a 3-year organizational strategic plan.
BCEHS, Corporate Planning, Reporting and Evaluation
• The BCEHS Strategic Committee is to facilitate the implementation of the BCEHS Action Plan and will lay the foundation for the successful implementation of the Strategic Plan as approved by the BCEHS Board of Directors and Ministry of Health.
• In support of BCEHS realizing its vision, committee members will be responsible for ensuring a coordinated approach to delivering excellent outcomes related to strategic objectives.
• The patient partners will attend regular strategic committee meetings and provide their perspectives and experience in supporting the implementation of the strategic plan.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to patient partners from across the province who:
• Are comfortable sharing their experiences and giving feedback in a group environment
• Previous working group experience is an asset but not required
• Are comfortable attending online meetings via Microsoft Teams or Zoom
• Previous experience accessing BCEHS services or working with BCEHS is an asset
We recognize and value knowing how our work lands for Indigenous peoples and want to ensure that BCEHS provides culturally safe care. To support this we would like to recruit at least one Indigenous patient partner onto the committee.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitments, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cassy Mitchell.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date and Time: Meetings are scheduled every 2 weeks for 2 hours. Additional meetings may be scheduled dependent on the work requirements of the committee. Document reviews and follow up on action items may also be required by committee members
• Location: Online meetings via Microsoft Teams or Zoom
• Commitment: 12 months
No out of pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Cassy Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
BCEHS provides out-of-hospital and inter-hospital health services throughout B.C. Our paramedics in both ground and air ambulances, dispatchers, and staff who arrange inter-facility patient transfers, all provide valuable services every day. We are responsible for the delivery, coordination and governance of out-of-hospital emergency health services and inter-facility patient transfer planning and coordination services. For more information about BCEHS CLICK HERE
The Strategic Committee will have BCEHS leadership and patient partners as members and will work to facilitate the implementation of the Action Plan and the 3 year Strategic Plan at BCEHS. The guidance and decision making by the committee will be key to the organization in the following years and will help identify priorities and risks.
The Terms of Reference is currently being drafted and will be shared with committee members for review.
This Committee is related to emergency health services including ambulance services, patient transfer, paramedicine, etc.