Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Island Health is conducting a Clinical Governance Improvement Initiative (CGII), with a current focus on establishing a model for Local Quality and Operations. As we begin to design this local level quality structure, Patient partners residing on Vancouver Island and the Southern or Northern Gulf Islands are invited to participate in the Local Level Design Network, a time-limited group of leaders and influencers who understand the impact of change on employees and medical staff.
We are seeking two patient partners to be part of this Network. Participation would require a total of 12 hours of time between August and December, 2023: 1.5 Hours for a Network Kickoff Event on August 17 (8:00-9:30am); a half hour every three weeks from September to November for Network; and an hour long project close out even in December, 2023.
Throughout the project you will be asked to provide input on both the design of a local quality committee model and the implementation of that model in your community, as well as represent and share experiences and perspectives the project team may not already hear from (including from your part of the island and your background).
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Involve on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Previous experience participating in a community or hospital site's Quality Council would be an asset. This would include any committee that reviewed health quality matters and made quality improvement plans or policies.
Patient Partners ARE required to be PVN members to participate in this engagement opportunity.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationRory Allen
Director, Community and Program Planning, Planning | Island Health