Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region
Island Health is looking to improve and streamline processes for enabling patient partners and health care partners to engage with one another. This is an opportunity to be part of a focus group to share your insights and experiences related to signing up and getting involved in engagements.
Island Health, Patient Experience
The purpose of the Patient Partnership Process Improvement Project is to improve the process of engaging patient partners within Island Health. The purpose of engaging patients in this work is to ensure that the improvements made to the patient partnership process is grounded in the experience of those impacted by the process – patients and family members who volunteer through PVN.
The role of the patient partner is to participate as part of a patient partner focus group. This group will meet up to three times to provide input and perspectives on the current and future state for the patient partnership engagement process within Island Health.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
• Open to patient partners from the Vancouver Island region who:
– Are comfortable sharing thoughts/experiences in a group setting
– Are able to meet virtually using Zoom, to ensure COVID-19 restrictions can be followed effectively.
– Have recent or extensive experience with patient partnership processes between Island Health and PVN (e.g., patient partner orientation process, sign-up and confidentiality agreements, etc.)
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health.
– A Meet and Greet may be a part of determining the best fit for both patient and health care partners prior to placement.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Clark directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 8
• Date/Time: The focus groups are expected to meet up to three times between the months of May and July 2021
– The timing for the first meeting will be confirmed with participants based on their availability and is expected to be late May, 2021
• Location: Online via Zoom
• Commitment: Up to six months
No travel expenses are expected, as all meetings will occur virtually. If you would like to participate in this opportunity, but have concerns about your ability to do so, please contact Ashley Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss.
Island Health’s Experience Strategy outlines a focus on expanding approaches that enable people to collaborate in shared decision-making, improvement and co-creation at multiple levels across Island Health, with opportunities for discussion, input, feedback, and enhanced information-sharing.
For this to occur, it is important to have a clear, effective process to enable connection and engagement between patient partners and health care partners within Island Health. The purpose of this improvement project is to improve the process of engaging patient partners through PVN within Island Health.
The focus groups will be made up of eight patient partners as well as a few members of the Patient Partnership Process Improvement Project Team.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationAshley Clark
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island