Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners across the Northern region
There is growing demand in the Northern Region for clinical research/trials to be run locally. Northern Health is working to create the infrastructure to support local clinical research. We are early in our thinking on how to best engage with patient partners in this work and need your help to guide our patient engagement planning.
Open to: Patient partners across the Northern region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health Authority, Quality & Innovation
AimThe aim of this engagement is to determine how patient partners would like to be involved in the development of clinical trials in Northern BC. We will do this by: • Designing a presentation to share information about clinical trials, why there is interest to do clinical research in Northern Health, and examples of patient partner engagement in other clinical trial settings
• Patient partner input into a group discussion to determine how patient partners want to be involved in the development of clinical research capacity in Northern Health
• To develop a longer term clinical trials engagement informed by the group discussion
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityOpen to patient partners across the Northern region who: • Are comfortable participating via webinar (likely Zoom)
• Experience or familiarity with clinical trials would be an asset If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Volunteer Agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact Cathy Almost
Logistics• Number of vacancies: 5-8
• Date and Time: During the last 2 weeks of July, a meeting of up to 2 hours duration will take place. The exact date will be scheduled based on patient partner availability.
• Location: Online meeting
• Commitment: one time (with possible opportunities in the future)
ReimbursementNo expenses are anticipated.
BackgroundClinical trials are research studies in which people help doctors find ways to improve health care. Each study tries to find better ways to prevent, diagnose, or treat health problems. There is growing demand in the Northern region for clinical trials to be run locally. Northern Health is working to get infrastructure set up to support local clinical research. This is a great opportunity to hear from patient partners as to how they would like to be engaged in this work. More information can be found at Health Links BC.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region