Categories: News & Events, Patient Voice Mail, Working Together for Better Health Care
This past year marked 10 years since the Patient Voices Network was created and we want to take a moment to thank you for your time and dedication to improving health care in BC! Even though 2020 was a challenging year, we still found ways to mark this special occasion!
The Anniversary Kicks Off
Our official anniversary kick-off was held at Quality Forum 2020 in February with an acknowledgement during its opening remarks and a special celebratory dessert at one of the lunches.
10th Anniversary Blogs
Throughout the year, we had guest blogs from health care and patient partners, who shared their experiences working with PVN in the last decade. Thank you to all our contributors!
- January – Tammy Hoefer, Director, Patient and Public Engagement
- March – Carol Stathers, Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement
- April – Kim Eggers, PVN Patient Partner
- May – Cherie Mercer, PVN Patient Partner
- June – Ovey Yeung, PVN Patient Partner
- July – Derek Koch, Health Care Partner, Interior Health
- August – Terri McKinlay, PVN Patient Partner
- November –Pam Jessen, PVN Patient Partner
- December – PVN 10-Year Anniversary Working Group
10th Anniversary Sticker
We developed a 10-year anniversary sticker that was given out at QF20 and used virtually by our staff and patient partners in their email signatures.
A Decade of Engagement
As we look forward to the next decade, we want to send out a special thank you to all our patient partners who have contributed to a decade of engagement in BC, as well as health care partners who made patient engagement a priority! For a snapshot of our accomplishments, don’t forget to check out our one-pager below!
Author: the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council team