Categories: News & Events
Quality Forum 2019 is just around the corner!
As part of the Forum’s accreditation as a Patients Included conference, the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council will be broadcasting Health Talks, the Quality Awards ceremony, breakout sessions and plenary presentations live as they happen.
This year, the Council has made it even easier to tune in to the sessions: they will be streaming on its website! We’ve made a list of the sessions and talks that you won’t want to miss:
Tuesday, February 26
- Health Talks and Quality Awards Ceremony – 1900 – 2100
Wednesday, February 27
- Plenary Presentation: Jeffrey Braithwaite – 0900 – 0940
- Extreme Makeover: Patient Partner Edition (A6) – 1000 – 1100
- Mock, Yeah: Designing Health Care Environments (B6) – 1130 – 1230
- The Patient Voice on What Matters (C4) – 1430 – 1530
Thursday, February 28
- Plenary Presentation: Rhona Flin – 0845 – 0925
- Advancing the Voice of Indigenous Peoples (E4) – 0945 – 1045
- Engage, Enable, Empower: Strengthening Care for Seniors (F6) – 1115 – 1215
- Spreading the Safety Net (G8) – 1330 – 1430
- Plenary Presentation: Chris Pointon – 1445 – 1525
It’s very exciting to have Chris Pointon close out the Forum, as he helped start a global campaign to improve patient care through introductions with the hashtag #HelloMyNameIs. Chris and his late wife, Dr. Kate Granger, began the campaign after she had been diagnosed with cancer. In his presentation, Chris will show how his campaign is keeping her legacy alive and improving health care.
How to Watch
It’s as simple as visiting the Council website. Click here when the presentations begin to start the livestream.
Connect with Each Other During the Forum on Social Media
We encourage you to join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #QF19. Post your favourite moments, share what you’re learning and ask questions! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for even more updates as Quality Forum approaches.