Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in the Kamloops area
The Thompson Medical Alliance is hosting a physician engagement event at Sun Peaks. One of the sessions will focus on how to better engage patients and providers in driving health care system changes. Having a diverse patient voice at the session is essential to our learning as we support providers to explore this opportunity in projects that affect change.
Open to: Patient partners in the Kamloops area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimInterior Health is working hard to bring the voice of the patient into the quality improvement and research work that we do, however, some teams are not sure what that could look like for them. In the session, the presenters will provide examples of patient engagement, and through a small group activity, we will discuss, share, and engage in how to make the experience positive and meaningful for the whole team. The patient partners would join the round tables in their small group activity to share thoughts about what works best - based on their experiences and from their own perspective.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Experience working in large and small groups
- Ability to share your experience of being involved in working with the health authority on a project or initiative. We are looking to engage and support learning a positive outlook is appreciated. It is okay to share what did not work but would like it to be in a proactive nature
- We would like a diverse group of patient partners as our providers work in many different care areas
LogisticsVacancies: 3-4 Location, date, time and frequency:
- Saturday, February 8, in-person from 09:00-10:00 at Sun Peaks.
- There will be two planning sessions: one mid-January and one more closer to the event. The sessions will be about 1-1.5 hours (each) by phone to discuss and plan the event activity together with trained Interior Health (patient engagement) staff and physicians involved in the planning
ReimbursementWe will cover mileage to and from the Sun Peaks event, along with breakfast and lunch in accordance to Interior Health policy. Patient partners are welcome to join the team at the conference breakfast that is provided the before the workshop session if they would like.
BackgroundEach year the Thompson Division of Family Practice and the Royal Inland Hospital Physician Association hosts an engagement event for the physicians they support. The event provides a variety of educational opportunities and creates connection and socialization among the physician community.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region