Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners in the Northern Health region
As part of their ongoing work to enhance person- and family-centred care(PFFC), Northern Health has created a Leaders Webinar on PFCC aimed at embedding PFCC in every patient or family interaction. Your input is needed on the content and delivery of this session!
Open to: Patient partners in the Northern Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health(NH), Professional Practice
AimResearch shows clearly that for an organization to be successful, leaders must be informed and involved. The aim of this engagement is to inform and involve health leaders in PFCC through a meaningful education session. Patient partners and health leaders will participate and provide feedback via a brief evaluation survey on the proposed one-hour pilot education session. Patient partners will be asked to participate in this PFCC Primer and provide any feedback via a brief evaluation survey.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Ability to participate in this learning session via WebEx on a computer, as it will be delivered remotely. Assistance may be provided in advance if you have concerns about accessing the meeting. Please contact Cathy Almost or Anthony Gagne if you require assistance.
- Willingness to complete a follow-up evaluation survey after the session has been completed.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session and have a signed volunteer agreement on file. If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and volunteer agreement, are unsure if your experience is a good fit or feel another format of engagement would work better with your availability, please contact the engagement leaders directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 3
- WebEx session (via computer) will be held in late August (date and time TBD) for 90 minutes.
- Two sessions will be held, allowing participants to choose the one that best fits their schedule.
ReimbursementPatient partners will not incur any out-of-pocket expenses by participating in this opportunity.
BackgroundNH has been working on PFCC in an organized way for two years. This Leaders Primer was an identified area of action. NH believes person- and family-centred care is an approach to the planning, delivery, and evaluation of health services grounded in mutually beneficial partnerships among health care providers, patients/clients, and families. It redefines the relationships in health care and leads to better health outcomes, wiser allocation of resources, and greater individual and family satisfaction. If we are to accomplish this, we must have Leaders informed and on board. This education 'Leaders Primer' will be something all leaders will view for learning and support.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern BC
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Interior