Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Hybrid
Open to Vancouver Island Region
• To provide a venue for the voices of clients and families with lived experience with eating disorders to be heard.
• Offer input into the development and provision of eating disorder services provided by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) and Island Health (IH) on Vancouver Island.
• IH and MCFD to work with clients and families to better understand and consider how their experience can enhance the development of eating disorder services on Vancouver Island.
Meetings occur every 3 months on the second Tuesday of the month from 3:00-4:30pm via Zoom. We aim for 1 meeting per year in person located in Central Island. Our Next meeting is Sept. 12th in person in the Cowichan Valley.
Other opportunities to participate in projects, presentations and working groups ad hoc will occur throughout the engagement.
I have an extension to add to my phone number for which there was no space to add in the required field: 250-519-5390 X 36925
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Involve on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting
- Comfort with public speaking
- Specific health care experiences [details below]
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Looking for individuals and or their parents/caregivers with lived experience with an eating disorder, who have accessed eating disorders care on Vancouver Island. Specifically looking for individual from the Cowichan Valley, Center and North Island.