Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
We are currently developing a proposal for a new model of care in the TCS Health Service Delivery Area (HSDA). This work is to align services within our Community Oncology Network (CON) clinics with the Tiers of Service, as well as a ‘Hub and Spoke’ model of care.
We are interested in hearing from patients and caregivers who have undergone cancer care treatment at Royal Inland Hospital, Cariboo Memorial Hospital, and/or One Hundred Mile Hospital, regarding their experience in the current state, and input on the model redesign.
We are looking for patient partners to participate in a focus group session in order to learn more about your experience as a patient or caregiver receiving cancer care treatment in the TCS region. We are also interested in your insight and input into our proposed model of care redesign, in order to improve timely access to cancer care, closer to home, in the TCS Health Service Delivery Area.
The focus group will take place virtually, via Zoom, for a 1-2 hour session before June 28th. Specific scheduling of the session is flexible.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Involve on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting
- Comfort with public speaking
- Specific health care experiences [details below]
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Comfortable using technology to attend online/virtual meetings
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity
- Experience with cancer care as a patient or caregiver in the TCS region.
Patient Partners ARE NOT required to be PVN members to participate in this engagement opportunity.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationKelly-Anne Campbell
Lead, Cancer Care Network | Interior Health