Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners from Kamloops and surrounding areas
Royal Inland Hospital is having a three-day workshop focusing on discharge planning and is inviting a patient partner to be part of the team.
Open to: Patient partners from Kamloops and surrounding areas
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Royal Inland Hospital Administration
AimThe purpose of this workshop is to review current discharge planning processes and make changes that positively impact patients and staff at Royal Inland Hospital. The patient partner will be asked to share their experience and perspective with being discharged home from Royal Inland Hospital.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Eligibility• Experience with the discharge process from Emergency, Medical or Surgical inpatient units at Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) • Comfortable sharing your experience/story in a large group
Logistics• Number of vacancies: 1 • Location, Date, Time and Frequency:
- September 28-October 1 at RIH
- The patient partner is invited to attend all the days but if this is not possible, it is preferred that they attend the first day (September 28th)
- The tentative time is approximately 10:00 - 16:00
- This event will be held in-person however we can do a interview if preferred
- With respect to attending in-person, the lead has indicated that all of the rooms have a limited capacity of people that can participate taking into the account the social distance between people, they have allocated places where people can sit which meets and social distancing criteria, hand sanitizer and masks are available
ReimbursementParking will be reimbursed.
BackgroundThis project is related to acute care at RIH, we would like someone who has had experiences being discharged from ER, medical (4 North or 5 South) and surgical (6 North or 6 South) inpatient unit. The Health Care Team will be participating from Patient Care Coordinators, Physicians, Transition Liaison, Managers, Allied Health (Physiotherapy, Socials workers) and a patient partner from PVN.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Interior Region