Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Have you ever received a handout from a care provider and been left confused? Review and improve education materials to make sure patients can understand them! Join the existing Patient Health Education Materials committee in providing suggestions, recommendations and redesign for meaningful and useful information products.
Open to: Patient partners in the Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
Lead Organization or DepartmentProvidence Health Care - Person & Family Centred Care
AimThe Patient Health Education Materials (PHEM) committee ensures that education pamphlets, information sheets and some online materials are created with the patient and family in mind and are useful to the patient and family, ultimately improving the health literacy of patients and families and increasing safety and adherence to health and wellness related guidelines.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- An interest in editing and information design is required, experience as a writer or editor is preferred
- Experience with patient information materials from hospitals or other health literacy materials. Preference is for patient partners who received materials from a Providence Health site.
- Familiarity with plain language - reader level
- Comfortable sharing your thoughts and offering feedback in person and via email
- Comfortable using email and word processing software and have regular computer access
- Vacancies: 2
- Meetings are held at St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 1000-1200h (PST). Teleconference is available if required
- Preferred commitment for minimum 2 years
ReimbursementExpenses related to travel (i.e. transit, parking up to $18/day, approved mileage maximum 60 km each way) will be reimbursed by Providence Health.
BackgroundThe Providence Health Care’s Patient Health Education Materials (PHEM) committee has been working together for many years. It is made up of patients, family members, healthcare staff and employees. When the committee is satisfied that the materials are helpful and will be understandable, a "Patient Approved" check mark logo is applied to the materials.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast