Posted • Last updated
Open to Northern Region, Patient partners across the Northern Region
COVID-19 has affected all of us. Health care providers may need to call family members of people with COVID-19 who have passed away, to inform them of the unfortunate passing of a loved one. An infographic was developed in the UK to help guide these conversations. Are you interested in reviewing this infographic from a family member’s perspective?
Open to: Patient partners across the Northern Region
Lead Organization or DepartmentNorthern Health, Physician Quality Improvement Program
AimFamily member perspectives can improve a resource designed to guide health care providers when calling about losing a loved one to COVID-19.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Open to patient partners from the Northern Health region
- Ability to review a document via email or teleconference meeting
- Please note:
- This opportunity is not open to patient partners who are currently employed by Northern Health
- The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner
- Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement
- Number of vacancies: 5
- Date/Time: Meeting dates/times TBA
- 2-3 one-hour meetings
- Location: Online via teleconference or webinar
- Commitment: One week to six months
ReimbursementThere are no anticipated costs associated with this opportunity.
BackgroundNorthern Health Physician Quality Improvement Program, in alignment with the Northern Health Person-and Family-Centred Care Strategy, continues to move the concept of person- and family-centred care into many practices. This infographic document is an opportunity to assist health care providers in delivering patient-centred care in the difficult circumstance of notifying family members regarding a loved ones passing as a result of COVID-19.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region