Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Volunteers from Fraser Health with experience with FH emergency department visits
Worldwide, pain is often untreated and is the most common illness that people take to emergency departments to provide relief. The Fraser Health Emergency Network has chosen acute pain management as one of its priorities with the hopes of providing a better patient experience. The network seeks patient input into the project materials and overall strategy.
Open to: Volunteers from Fraser Health with experience with FH emergency department visits
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health Emergency Network
AimTo include feedback from Patients on the development of the project including patient impact and documents review.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Residents of Fraser Health communities
- Experience with FH emergency department visits
- Vacancies: 2-3
- Date and Time: Date and time will be scheduled based on availability of patient partners
- Location: teleconference and/or email
- Commitment: One hour to review materials and some extra time to review promotions plan
BackgroundThe project will target this issue using a variety of methods including
- Staff and patient education,
- Enhanced pain monitoring, and
- Development of protocols for the treatment of painful conditions
- Review posters,
- Provide feedback on the materials assessment tool, and
- Comment on the overall strategy.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley