Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Using technology to support appropriate, timely care for patients, thus reducing the usage of emergency departments, is the goal of the Rapid Access to Consultation Expertise (RACE) Project. Fraser Health has teamed up with the Surrey-North Delta Division of Family Practice to develop this forward-thinking project and is looking to add a patient partner to their team.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health
- Ensure the patient voice is embedded in all aspects of the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of the RACE Project;
- Integrate patient partner as a co-designer of the project;
- Develop a partnership-focused approach between the project team and patient partners.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityPatient partners from Fraser Health communities. Preferred assets include:
- experience with the health care system;
- strong interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- a range of backgrounds that reflects the diversity of patients that utilize Fraser Health services.
- Vacancies: 1
- Date/Time: Tentative meeting dates are listed below
- Orientation webinar - June 14
- Coaching calls - July 17 - 21
- Content webinar 1 - September 20
- Measurement webinar 1 - October 10
- Content webinar 2 - October 19
- Content webinar 3 - December 6
- Content webinar 4 - January 17
- Coaching calls - January 22 - 26
- Measurement webinar 2 - January 31
- Content webinar 5 - February 14
- Content webinar 6 - March 14
- Measurement webinar 3 - April 10
- Content webinar 7 - April 18
- Content webinar 8 - May 16
- Content webinar 9 - June 13
- Content webinar 10 - September 19
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to local travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundThe RACE Project developed an app where a GP can request a specialist consultation and get connected to specialist advice within 2 hours. From initial developments in the Fraser Valley Region, 87% of users reported that using the app prevented an emergency department visit and 72% of users reported that it avoided a specialist consult. To note, this work has taken the RACE line in Providence and evolved the concept into an app.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley