Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Fraser Health is currently reviewing the process of adopting an infant immediately following birth and wants individuals with lived experience as birth or adoptive parents to be a part of the working group. We need your perspective to enhance the adoption process.
The goal of the adoption process is to provide birth and adoptive parents with compassionate, timely, and coordinated care to optimize the quality of the adoption experience.
Healthcare partners would like to learn more about the birth and adoptive parents’ experience to enhance the current adoption process.
Healthcare partners commit to listening to and learning from Patient Partners and providing feedback about the impact of their participation.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers from across Fraser Health who:
• Have access to a telephone or computer for videoconferencing.
• Experienced adoption as either birth parents or adoptive parents. Ideally, the experience happened at the Royal Columbian Hospital.
• Are comfortable sharing their story in either an interview or small group setting.
• Number of vacancies: Two or more birth parents and two or more adoptive parents.
• Date/Time: Patient and Healthcare Partners will decide on meeting dates and times that work for all involved.
• Commitment: One time.
• Location: As preferred by the patient partners. Interviews or small group conversations for each of the birth and adoptive parents.
If required, travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Fraser Health Social Workers and Registered Nurses play a role in supporting the adoption process. This process is currently under review. The working group is seeking individuals who have experienced adoption, either as a birth parent or as an adoptive parent.
The goal is to identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate practices in the adoption process that promote thorough and quality care for birth parents and adoptive parents.