Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in Kamloops
Tertiary Mental Health in Kamloops would like input from patient partners through a Patient Journey Mapping session. This will inform what changes and improvements need to be made as Interior Health Mental Health Services adapt to the diverse and changing needs of its clients.
Open to: Patient partners in Kamloops
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Quality, Risk and Accreditation
AimThe aim is to gather patient thoughts, feelings and experiences to inform next steps in enhancing the ability of the Interior Health Tertiary Mental Health program to respond to clients' needs with a holistic approach.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityExperience as a patient or family member with lived mental health issues.
LogisticsVacancies: as many as possible for consultation Location, date, time and frequency:
- Date/time to be determined (likely late May/early June)
- Will be held either at Southills Tertiary Mental Health or at Hillside Tertiary Mental Health locations.
- Possibility of more than one mapping session with probable follow up sessions after.
- If the patient partner is unable to attend a session, there may be a possibility of a separate interview by phone or in person for input.
- Parking if applicable.
- Food allowance if session is over an extended time period.
BackgroundAn external review was completed for tertiary mental health which highlighted some opportunities for improvement. The clients' needs within mental health is also changing as the drug crisis has increased in the mental health client population. The mapping session will be done in a safe manner where open dialogue will be encouraged. Alternate options for giving input would be considered if being a part of a larger session would seem to be threatening.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo and Kootenays