Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Older adults or family members of older adults with lived experience in mental health and substance use from the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley regions
Designing an older adult psychiatric unit to be patient-centred provides a therapeutic environment that improves the quality of the services provided. Fraser Health is looking for a highly engaged older adult with lived experience, or a family member, to assist clinicians and architects by contributing their input to the design of a state of the art older adult psychiatric unit at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Open to: Older adults or family members of older adults with lived experience in mental health and substance use from the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley regions
Lead Organization or DepartmentRoyal Columbian Hospital Redevelopment Project
- Include patient and/or family members’ voices in the development of a design for the older adult psychiatric unit at RCH
- Patient partners will utilize their personal experience to provide input that assists clinicians and architects to provide a patient-centred approach
- The meetings are designed to ensure that patient input is taken into consideration during the design phase of the project
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
- Patient with lived experience that is over 65 years of age or their family member that has used Fraser Health Mental Health & Substance Use acute inpatient or hospital outpatient services
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience or passion about RCH
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Jami to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Vacancies: 2
- Date and Time: To be determined commencing in January or February 2017
- Location: Royal Columbian Hospital
- Commitment: approximately 3 all day meetings with the potential for more to be determined
ReimbursementMileage, bus tickets and parking with receipts submitted within a month of the meeting will be reimbursed.
BackgroundPlease see the attached document for an overview of RCH Redevelopment Project.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement|Fraser Valley