Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Fraser Health is actively recruiting for regional, program, project, and local Patient and Family Advisory Councils. These councils meet regularly with Fraser Health leaders to promote and advance person and family centred care and improve healthcare quality, safety, and experience. Share your experiences and ideas with leaders to make sure your perspective is considered in service planning, delivery, and evaluation. Fraser Health values meaningful dialogue with the people they serve to support the transformation of healthcare.
Examples of patient and family activities include:
– Quality Improvement Projects
– Document Reviews
– Patient Experience Data review and analysis
– Communication Strategies (such as webpage updates and social media messages)
– Staff education curriculum design
– Participation in leadership panel interviews
The councils that are recruiting include:
Meets virtually twice a month for 2 hours (1 meeting in December and no meetings in August). Current projects include implementation of the essential care partner and visitor policy and real time patient experience survey development and data review.
Virtual Health: (https://www.fraserhealth.ca/patients-and-visitors/fraser-health-virtual-care)
Meet monthly for 1 hour. Current projects include the virtual hospital, virtual emergency department intake, patient education, remote patient monitoring.
Meet every other month for 1 hour to share your perspective and experience with rehabilitation care. Current projects include ensuring patients and families are included in goal planning and making sure family meetings are person centred and strength based.
Primary Health / Home Health:
Meet monthly for 1 hour to make sure the public have access to quality health care in their community. Examples of community health care services are urgent primary care centres, family doctors, and home care services. Current projects include website revisions, strategic planning, staff education related to frailty, and information sharing.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Involve on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Willing & comfortable to share health care experiences in a group setting
- Have access to technology and the internet to participate in the engagement opportunity
- An interest in improving health care services
- The time to participate in the engagement opportunity