Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Fraser Health strives to ensure a great start to life and supports excellent health care services for women, infants, children and youth. They are seeking two-three patient advisors to share their health care experiences as they focus their efforts on improving quality for all services across Fraser Health.
The Maternal Infant Child & Youth (MICY) Program has accountability and responsibility for continuous improvement efforts of maternal, infant, child & youth health care services across Fraser Health.
Patient advisors will be an equal partner at the table on projects and committees, providing their lived experience as innovative efforts are discussed and implemented to improve the quality of services provided in this portfolio.
Examples of initiatives and projects patient advisors could work on include the following:
• Review of patient education material
• Review of policy and procedure documents
• Support implementation of quality improvement projects from planning to review
• Provide feedback on Maternal Infant Child & Youth (MICY) Program priorities
• Identify areas of focus and improvement
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers from across Fraser Health who:
• A patient, or family member in one of the program units such as Perinatal, Neonatal, Pediatrics (Antenatal Care, Labour and Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU), Pediatric Emergency, Pediatric Clinics, Pediatric Care) – ideally within the last two years.
• Have access to a telephone or computer for videoconferencing.
• Are comfortable sharing their story in either an interview or small group setting.
• Number of vacancies: 2-3
• Date/Time: There are regular Quality meetings that you will be welcome to attend, virtually, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month between 9:30 – 11:30. If you are unable to attend this meeting then the team will work with you to make sure you remain informed, and your perspective is included. Opportunities to partner with you will be presented and you are welcome to identify areas of interest with the team.
• Commitment: Seven months to a year.
• Location: Teleconference.
If required, travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The Maternal Infant Child and Youth (MICY) Program is a network of three streams across Fraser Health: Perinatal, Pediatric and Neonatal with multidisciplinary teams of care providers including Obstetricians/gynecologists, family physicians, pediatricians, neonatologists, nursing, clerical and other allied health professionals. The MICY Program works collaboratively with provincial partners, BC Children’s Hospital, BC Women’s Hospital, Child Health BC, internal partners and departments to promote quality improvement in every aspect of the care we provide patients and their families.