Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Fraser Health is committed to improving the safety, appropriateness and quality of health care services across the region. Including the patient voice in those discussions highlights the importance of mutually beneficial partnerships to improve health care. They are seeking two patient partners to join their Quality and Patient Safety team.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Health Quality & Safety
AimTo seek patient advisor insights for a variety of engagement opportunities in the Fraser Health Quality & Safety portfolio, including:
- participating in committees and working groups that focus on the planning, implementation and evaluation of patient safety priorities and patient safety culture
- document reviews for the Patient Care Quality Office
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
EligibilityPatient advisors in Fraser Health communities who are interested in learning about Fraser Health and building new skills and:
- believe the best in people
- are positive and solution-focused
- want to work as part of a team
- are not current employees of Fraser Health
- can speak to a lived experience with Fraser Health programs and services, either as a patient, family member or caregiver
- have experience and interest in patient safety and quality improvement
- are available to participate 1-4 hours every week at Fraser Health's Central City office in Surrey
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Date/Time: To be determined, in consultation with patient advisors Location: Central City, Surrey Commitment: One-year term (with an option for renewal up to two years)
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health travel policy (including mileage each way, parking and public transit).
BackgroundFraser Health is committed to fostering a culture of safety and continuous quality improvement. The Patient Safety and Quality executive and leadership team employs a collaborative approach with physicians and health service areas to provide leadership and quality improvement expertise in the planning, implementation and evaluation of improvement initiatives that are designed to improve quality of care, service utilization, safety, and risk reduction. Opportunities will include working with executive directors, directors, managers, and process improvement consultants and coordinators.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley