Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
First Nations Health Authority and the BC Patient Safety Quality Council are looking for Indigenous feedback on the Patient Voices Network application process and the revised International Association of Public Participation Spectrum of Engagement. If you are interested in helping us make sure this is culturally safe, please read on.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentFirst Nations Health Authority
AimThe purpose of inviting patient partners into this work is to demonstrate authentic engagement in developing enhancements to the PVN process. We want to ensure our processes and services are accessible and safe for Indigenous patient partners to share their experiences. Patient partners will be asked to review current tools and practices and reflect on relevancy and safety. Patient partners may also be asked to share their own experience in connecting to the network and engagements they have participated in.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Lived experience as an Indigenous person interacting with the health care system
- Willing to share their experience of being a patient partner within PVN
- Have suggestions of how to improve or strengthen the Indigenous participation across the Network
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Patient partners might be asked to review the application process and documents outside of meeting hours
- Vacancies: 6
- Date and time: Two-hour meetings monthly for three months
- Location: Teleconference, webinar
- Commitment: one week to six months
- Reviewing the application process and documents
ReimbursementNo expenses are anticipated for these meetings.
BackgroundThe BC Patient Safety and Quality Council, Patient Voices Network (PVN) and the First Nations Health Authority have partnered to enhance the availability and participation of Indigenous perspectives in the PVN. A key step is ensuring that PVN is inviting these perspectives in a good ways and offering culturally safe opportunities. We feel it is important to hear from existing Indigenous PVN participants as part of an overall reflection prior to a broad promotion of the PVN with FNHA.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Northern Region