Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region, patient partners from the West Shore of southern Vancouver Island (Sooke, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, View Royal)
Are you a resident of the Westshore? Have your say on service delivery at the West Shore Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC) by joining our Collaborative Advisory Group!
Island Health, Community and Primary Care
Our aim with this advisory group is to improve services at the Westshore Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC). Patient partners are key to ensuring that the services offered meet the needs of patients and the community. The patient partners will participate as full members of the advisory group, participate in discussions, and will be asked to share their opinions and experiences with the group which will include physicians and other care team members of the center. This Collaborative Advisory Group will be looking at the vision for the UPCC, including what services are offered and how they are offered to patients.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Westshore (Sooke, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, View Royal)
• Comfortable sharing your personal health care stories, experiences and opinions with senior executives and physicians
• We are hoping to engage with patients who regularly visit the UPCC or are residents of the Westshore who currently do not have a family physician.
• Please note:
– This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email Patient.Experience@islandhealth.ca
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: 1 hour, 1 time per week, Tuesday, starting November 2021
• Frequency and duration of meetings will become biweekly or monthly until early 2022
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 6 months with a possible extension
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Island Health is reviewing current service delivery at the Westshore Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC). After two years of operation, the Westshore Urgent and Primary Care Centre. Island Health and the physicians from the Westshore UPCC, the manager and director from the Westshore UPCC, and other Island health leaders at the site are interested in reworking the services offered in order to improve the health care services offered in this community. This work will include assessing community needs (including patient needs) and brainstorming creative, innovative solutions for care at the UPCC.
To learn more about the Westshore Urgent and Primary Care Centre, please visit our website.
Engagement Leader Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island