Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in Kelowna and surrounding area
Interior Health is working towards an integrated system of care that improves ease of access for patients, family members and caregivers with mental health and/or substance use concerns. The work is based on the principle that the patient should receive “the right care, at the right time, in the right place.” We value and invite your perspective in the development of health care services.
Open to: Patient partners in Kelowna and surrounding area
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Primary and Community Care
AimThe aim is to improve access and coordination of care for persons, families and caregivers with mental health and/or substance use (MHSU) concerns and perspectives are valuable in informing the work, and in understanding the patient experience. The role of the patient partner would be to attend committee meetings to provide patient perspective, experience and expertise.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Experience as a patient (or family member/caregiver) in accessing MHSU services.
- Comfort in sharing individual experiences, while also considering the experiences of others.
- Experience in groups or committees is an asset.
- Technology: use of Web Ex an asset, and teleconference.
- Ability to review pertinent documents and data (basic understanding) in relation to topics being discussed.
LogisticsVacancies: 2 Location, date, time and frequency:
- Meetings will be held in Kelowna - location to be determined
- Meeting frequency will be confirmed but may be up to 1-2 times per month. Length of meetings will be 1.5 hrs
- Meetings may be face to face, or by teleconference.
- Commitment will be 7-12 months
- There may be some opportunities for additional working groups
- Patient partner reimbursement follows the Interior Health staff travel policy.
- Patients will receive out of pocket expenses for travel, parking, or local public transport.
- If meetings take place over a meal time, the meal will be provided. Out-of-pocket expenses take up to six weeks for reimbursement to occur, once the form has been completed and receipts received
- The Ministry of Health has given Interior Health direction to improve access and coordination of MHSU services.
- IH Staff such as Health Service Administrators, Managers, and clinicians may be part of this committee.
- Background materials will be provided as needed prior to meeting dates.
- The Mental Health and Substance Use services will be the focus of this group.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region