Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal
Providence Health Care will be completing renovations inside the emergency department at St. Paul’s Hospital. As part of this initiative, Providence is seeking a patient partner to sit on a working group that will be responsible for making design related changes. Work with a diverse group of healthcare professionals and interior designer to help create a safer and more welcoming environment for patients and staff!
Providence Health Care
• To create a safer and more welcoming environment for patients of the St. Paul’s emergency department. This will be accomplished through small renovations and space changes such as fresh paint, lighting upgrades, procurement of artwork, installation of vinyl graphics, and replacement of furniture.
• A patient partner will assist with this initiative by attending working group meetings, providing their perspective as a patient in the space, and voting on design related decisions.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
Open to volunteers in the Vancouver Coastal area who have:
• Access to a telephone or computer for videoconferencing.
• Experience as a patient in the St. Paul’s Hospital emergency department.
• Experience being a part of a working group or committee.
• Number of vacancies: 1
• Date/Time: April 20th, 10:00 (30 mins), virtual meeting; sub-sequent 30 min meetings every 2-3 weeks
• Commitment: Seven months to a year.
• Location: Teleconference.
If required, travel expenses will be reimbursed.
This initiative is part of the larger Emergency Department Indigenous Cultural Safety Emergency Project which includes expansion of the Indigenous Wellness Liaison program into the emergency department, as well as improving the physical space for its patients and staff. This project is identified in Providence’s strategic plans including the organizational strategic plan Mission: Forward, and the Indigenous Wellness and Reconciliation Action Plan.