Posted • Last updated
Connection methods: Virtual, In-person
Open to Provincial Region
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is inviting one patient partner to join the Quality Forum Steering Committee for a two-year term and contribute to planning one of the largest health quality conferences in Canada!
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council strives to assemble a Steering Committee each year that includes a wide range of stakeholders from across BC to enable diverse perspectives to be considered and represented when planning our annual Quality Forum. The Steering Committee provides guidance and advice at each stage of the planning process, including determining the most effective format and flow, identifying key topics and themes, selecting speakers and ensuring a positive participant experience. We are looking to actively engage patient partners as members of the Steering Committee and will work proactively to ensure a welcoming and respectful environment to promote comfort and open discussion at all times.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• This opportunity is open to patient partners from across BC who:
• Have an interest in health care quality
• Are comfortable interacting and collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders
• Are comfortable with using virtual meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom, WebEx etc.)
• Please note:
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 1
• Date & Time: July 2022 to June 2024
• Location: Virtual meetings using Zoom, and in-person attendance in Vancouver for two full-day in-person planning meetings (one per year), as well as for Quality Forum 2023 and 2024.
• Participation in monthly Zoom meetings between July 2022 and June 2024 (typically about 1 hour in duration)
• Reviewing additional materials in advance of meetings as necessary
• Attendance at two full-day in-person planning meetings in Vancouver (September 2022 and 2023 – exact dates TBC)
• Attendance at Quality Forum 2023 in Vancouver from June 6-8, as well as Quality Forum 2024 (date TBD)
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Quality Forum is an annual event hosted by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council that attracts participants working across the continuum of care from communities through British Columbia. By bringing together patient partners, clinicians, policy and decision makers, senior executive team and board members, quality improvement leaders, researchers and students, we create an opportunity to share knowledge and advance new ideas to improve care across our province. More information about the Quality Forum and past events can be found at BCPSQC.ca/Quality-Forum.
The Steering Committee consists of representatives from the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, who act as secretariat, plus an additional 19 members representing key stakeholders from across the BC health system. There are two patient partners on the Steering Committee who serve two-year terms. Each year we welcome one new patient partner and one returning patient partner to ensure there is continuity from year-to-year.
Steering Committee members will serve in an advisory capacity to support the delivery of Quality Forum events. Key decisions related to the program content, flow, speaker selection and event logistics will be made by this committee.
The Quality Forum Steering Committee will meet monthly to ensure all members are aware of the progress being made. During times where there may be an extended period between meetings (i.e. end of summer, Christmas holidays etc.) we will be sure to send planning updates via email.
Further, patient partners will not only have a primary contact person on the Steering Committee, but also the support of two engagement leaders from the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council who are responsible for the Quality Forum.