Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Fraser Health is looking for an energetic, community-minded patients and families who can contribute their voice to the improvement of health care services in the Tri-Cities area. We are seeking 4-6 patient advisors that are interested in working together with health care leaders at Eagle Ridge Hospital and community to ensure the patients voice’ remains a critical part of any decisions.
Tri-cities Health Services Area – Fraser Health
• To encourage Tri-Cities community members to partner with Fraser Health, its senior leaders and health care providers to provide strategic advice on advancing a person-centred approach to care and services. The work of the Tri-Cities Patient and Family Advisory Council is supported by Fraser Health values of respect, caring and trust and the Our Shared Commitments.
• Patient partners’ feedback acknowledges the important role played by patients in developing improved health care services across Fraser Health.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
Open to volunteers in Fraser Health who:
• Live in the Tri-Cities area and experience receiving health care in Fraser Health.
If you have a strong interest in this work but have not yet completed a PVN orientation and Patient Partner Commitment, are unsure if your experience is a good fit, please contact Jami Brown directly.
There will be an informal conversation about the opportunity. The goal is to find the best fit for all involved.
• Number of vacancies: 4-6
• Date/Time: 2nd Thursday of the month from 12:00 – 1:00.
• Commitment: One hour – with some reading in between meetings. One year – with the opportunity to renew.
• Location: Zoom.
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria, but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Jami Brown- email@example.com to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
The Tri-Cities Patient and Family Advisory Council has been active since June 2021 and supported the Eagle Ridge hospital and local community to ensure the valuable perspective of patients and families is included prior to making decisions about care and services. In the last year, the council has provided feedback on:
– Signage at Eagle Ridge Hospital
– Share ideas on how to raise awareness of translation services
– Real Time Patient Experience Survey questions and implementation
– Review responses to Real Time Patient Experience Survey and brainstorming improvement ideas
– Quality Improvement Projects such as reducing hospital acquired Urinary Tract Infections
– Improving the Emergency Room Experience
– Listened to patient experiences and brainstorm and prioritize ideas to improve
Attend regular, monthly meeting with healthcare leaders to advance person and family centred care in the Tri-Cities community. Ensure your perspective is included in the design, delivery, and evaluation of care. Share you feedback to improve the patient experience in Fraser Health.
Council members are also invited to be a part of:
– Leadership panel interviews
– Share their story to support healthcare provider education
– Endorse improvements in patient entertainment
– Quality Forum