Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Interior Region
Interior Health is developing an orientation package for patient partners. The intent is to ensure patient partners are aware of Interior Health’s vision, goals, policies and processes in relationship to patient partner or public engagement.
Quality and Patient Safety
Interior Health does not have an orientation document for new patient partners coming into patient engagement roles. The goal of this project is to set up our patient partners to be successful in their roles within Interior Health. The working group members will be asked to contribute their ideas on what is important for new patient partners to know. This is the first step in creating a full package for orientation.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from: Interior Health
• Experience as a patient partner with any engagement opportunities, currently or in the past.
• Please note:
– This opportunity is not open to staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by this health authority.
– As connection and relationship building is important, we may like to meet with short listed patient partners as part of our selection process in an informal interview between the patient partner and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 4
– First meeting date: Tuesday May 23rd
– Time of meetings will be determined in consultation with patient partners.
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 6 months maximum
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.