Connection method: Virtual
Open to Fraser Valley & Lower Mainland
Providence Health Care is implementing a Hospital at Home Program based out of St. Paul’s Hospital. We are looking for patient/family partners to provide feedback and input on development of the program!
The Hospital at Home program is a provincial initiative driven by the Ministry of Health where eligible patients receive acute-level care in their homes, rather than in the hospital.
This project will focus on planning and implementation of a Hospital at Home Program at St. Paul’s Hospital. Patient/family partners will be involved in 1 or more of the following committees, depending on their interest:
– Model of Care subcommittee
– Patient Experience subcommittee
– Medication Delivery subcommittee
Patient/Family partner’s involvement in the project:
– Provide feedback/input on development of Hospital at Home processes from patient/family perspective.
– Provide feedback/input on patient education materials.
Patient/family partners will be involved in 1 or more of the following committees, depending on their interest:
– Model of Care subcommittee: This subcommittee will review the workflows and plans in the development and delivery of care for patients that will be recipients of the Hospital at Home program. Committee members will review and build on the work started at Island Health and apply this to the unique needs of the patient population that Providence Health Care serves.
– Patient Experience subcommittee: This subcommittee will review the needs of patients and families participating in the Hospital at Home program, including the development of patient education materials. This subcommittee will also review process for program evaluation and feedback.
– Medication Delivery subcommittee: This subcommittee will review processes and workflows regarding how patients and families will receive and manage medications in the Hospital at Home program.
– Timeline is September – March 2024.
– Each subcommittee will meet bi-weekly to monthly for 1 hour via Zoom.
– Structures and work may shift as the Hospital at Home Program is implemented.
Honoraria will be provided.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of Consult on the IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation.
- Specific health care experiences [details below]
- - Experience with admission to hospital for acute inpatient care, either as a patient or family member. - Experience as caregiver in the home for someone who has received acute inpatient care. - Comfortable sharing their health care experiences, and sharing their ideas with a group of health care partners. - Access to technology to join Zoom meetings is an asset, but we can also accommodate other ways of engaging with patient/family partners.
Patient Partners ARE NOT required to be PVN members to participate in this engagement opportunity.
Health Care Partner Contact InformationVanessa Lewis
Practice Consultant, Person & Family Centred Care, Professional Practice | Providence Health Care