Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners across the Island Health region
Are you interested in ethics? Would you like to participate in the creation of a patient- and family-centred ethics website? We need your help to ensure that information is the central focus for patients and families!
Open to: Patient partners across the Island Health region
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health / Ethics & Quality, Safety and Improvement
AimAs part of the Island Health public website redevelopment project, we are refreshing the Island Health ethics webpage and need the perspectives and experiences of patients to guide our efforts. The goal is to create a better online experience for people needing information about clinical ethics. The role of the patient partner will be to support content that puts patient and family needs first, and is easily accessible and understood.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
- Open to patient partners across the Island Health region (not open to those currently employed by Island Health)
- Have frequent access to a computer and internet connection
- Have some experience searching for information on health organization websites
- Have experience in, or a passion for, clinical ethics
- Are comfortable participating in meetings with teleconference and videoconference technology
- Prepared to review and provide feedback on documents
- Patient partners should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Kira Tozer directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
- Number of vacancies: 6
- Date/Time/Location: TBD (all meetings will be on work days during business hours)
- 2-hour meeting in late June 2018 (TBD) – via videoconference/teleconference
- 4-hour meeting by mid July 2018 - in person in Nanaimo
- 2-hour follow-up meeting in August 2018 - via videoconference/teleconference
- 2-hour follow-up meeting in Sept 2018 - via videoconference/teleconference
- Commitment: 4 meetings over 4-6 months
ReimbursementParticipation in teleconference and video-conference is toll-free. Mileage and parking to attend in-person meetings or at your nearest Island Health facility for video-conferencing (if applicable) will be reimbursed.
BackgroundIsland Health is about to launch a new public-facing web presence over the summer that focuses on the user experience. The learnings and improvements that were part of this public website redesign project, such as ethics to develop and adapt the specific site to better meet the needs of the patients and people seeking health information, will be shared with individual programs.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island