Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Patient partners in Penticton, Kamloops and surrounding areas
The Interior Health Community-Wide Scheduling Project is planning to launch an automated appointment reminder system and is seeking input from patient partners. Community-Wide Scheduling makes appointments for various community services such as the Royal Inland Hospital VIP Healthy Heart Clinic and various community care clinics.
Open to: Patient partners in Penticton, Kamloops and surrounding areas
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health - Quality Improvement
AimThe aim is to develop a user-friendly automated reminder system for appointments at various clinics. The purpose of engaging patient partners is to gain input and feedback on the scripting of the reminder, the speed of the reminder recording, and complimentary reminder methods.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- Currently or has had appointments booked using the Community-Wide Scheduling System
- Preferably has appointments with Royal Inland Hospital VIP Healthy Heart Clinic or Kamloops South Shore Home & Community Care Clinic or Penticton Integrated Health- Heart Function Clinic
- Comfort attending meetings by teleconference/WebEx
LogisticsVacancies: 3 Location, date, time and frequency:
- First meeting is anticipated to in mid-September with several other meetings over 4-6 weeks
- All meetings will be virtual in nature via webinar/teleconferences of 1 - 1.5 hours in length
- The patient partners will also receive 1-3 test calls (from the automated reminder system) and will be asked to give feedback of their experience so that improvements can be made
ReimbursementThere are no out of pocket expenses associated with this project.
BackgroundThe intent of this project is to replace the current system (where patient appointment letters are mailed to patients, or administration staff call patients manually). With automated system the telephone call-out notifications go out few days prior to the patients scheduled appointment. This project will save costs associated with missed appointments, clerical time spent calling patients as well as costs associated with mailing notices. An additional outcome of this project will be a higher density use of facilities and clinicians. Involved are three clinics, IMIT, Community-Wide Scheduling, MyHealth Portal, and Meditech.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region