Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners from south Vancouver Island region
Island Health’s Community Health Services Clinical Practice and Quality Committees are looking one south island region patient partner to join our committee. We are looking for patient partners who can provide their perspective as we develop the strategy for delivering Home Care services across Island Health.
Vancouver Island Health Authority & Home Care Strategy
Our goal is to have ongoing patient engagement when planning and preparing for strategic initiatives for Home Care. Patient partners provide Island Health Strategic Planning leads with a unique perspective on how home care services are received when delivered in a client’s home. Patient partners will be asked to participate in the monthly meetings and provide consultation on proposed changes to home care service.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
• Open to patient partners from the South Vancouver Island region (patient partner representation from other areas of the Vancouver Island region have been filled).
• Experience (personal or family) receiving home care services.
• Comfortable working and sharing in large groups.
• Comfortable with virtual meetings over Zoom.
• Please note:
– This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email email@example.com
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Volunteer Agreement. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
• Number of vacancies: 1
• Date/Time: Both committees meet every second Tuesday of the month. The patient partners will attend both meetings (total of 3.5 hours in the afternoon, once per month).
– CHS-CPC from 1:00 – 2:30pm
– CHS-QC from 2:30 – 4:00pm
• Location: All meetings will take place via Zoom.
-Please note that in-person meetings might resume in the future
• Commitment: One year with the possibility of renewal
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. If and when meetings return to in person, pre-approved transportation & parking costs to attend meetings will be reimbursed by Island Health.
However, if you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
Governance of Community Programs has been established with two committees-The Community Health Services Quality Council (CHSQC) and Clinical Practice Committee (CPC), which reports to the CHSQC. Both committees are interdisciplinary and function within the context of a combined clinical governance structure to address quality matters that pertain to the scope of a clinical service, ensuring both organizational and medical perspectives in the development of island-wide expectations/standards of care.
Membership of the Community Health Services Quality Council-CHSQC includes:
• Community Directors
• Director of Access and Transitions
• Director, Seniors Health Strategy & Tertiary Mental Health
• Community Managers representing each geography and program
• Managers, Access and Transitions
• Quality Representative(s)
• Patient Partners
Membership of the Clinical Practice Committee-CPC:
• Leaders representing each geography and program
• Manager of HCC Program Practice & Education
• Manager and Clinical Nurse Specialist, Seniors Health Strategy
• Geographic Director
• Patient Partners
Terms of Reference
Health Care Partner Contact InformationCharmaine Niebergall
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island