Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Providence Health Care has re-envisioned our Care Experience Advisory Committee. We are looking for more patient partners from the Lower Mainland and across the province to join this group in providing oversight and direction on person- and family-centred care to the organization.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or Department
AimThe Care Experience Advisory Committee provides oversight and direction to the organization on person- and family-centred care. We rely on patient partners to be the voice of patients and families when this group meets. Patient partners are involved in reviewing data and complaints related to patient care experience, reviewing experience survey results and providing direction on how to identify gaps in patient-centred care (e.g., education).
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
- General experience with the health care system as a patient or a family member
- Comfortable voicing opinions in a fairly large group (10 to 15 people)
- Ability to think in terms of the bigger picture
- Able to consider opportunities, provide advice and give input on a project level and an organizational level
- Able to attend meetings on a regular basis
- The team is hoping to recruit at least one patient partner who is fluent in a language other than English
- Time, date, location: Meetings are 90-120 minutes long, during office hours every eight weeks. Patient partners in the Lower Mainland are welcome to attend the meeting atn an office building a few blocks away from St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver. Patient partners from across the province will join by teleconference/webinar with the potential to attend in person meetings.
- Commitment: They are hoping that the new members who join the committee will be available to participate for two years.
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to local travel (mileage at 0.52/km up to 60 km each way, parking to a maximum of $18/day, transit fares specifically related to attending the meeting) will be reimbursed upon completion of a PHC expense claim form with original receipts. Potential for provincial travel to be covered for select meetings for patient partners outside of the local area.
BackgroundThe Care Experience Advisory Committee was created very early in Providence Health Care’s journey towards patient- and family-centred care (now called person centred). It was created to bring Providence Health Care leaders together with patient partners at a regular meeting. The same group has been coming together for a number of years. As we have continued this journey the needs of the organization, the role of the group and the membership has changed. We have re-visioned the terms of reference (available by request) for this group and would like to add more patient partners to the group as part of updating the membership. The Health Standards Organization awarded a leading practice to the work of this committee in Jan 2019 and will endure until Jan 2021. Providence Health Care provides health care services across the spectrum. We welcome patient partners with any experience of the health care system to join our group and make their voices heard.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Lower Mainland & Sunshine Coast