Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Volunteers who have accessed services at Kelowna General Hospital
Are you visually or hearing impaired? Kelowna General Hospital is looking for assistance from you to help with coaching tips for their staff.
Open to: Volunteers who have accessed services at Kelowna General Hospital
Lead Organization or DepartmentInterior Health
AimThe aim of this opportunity is to increase the quality of care for those with visual and hearing impairments through the Patient and Family Cented Care Core Working Group at Kelowna General Hospital.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at a local community or program level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in decision making, developing alternatives, and solutions and include your recommendations into the decision as much as possible.
- A patient partner who is blind, partially sighted and/or hearing impaired or a patient partner that is closely related to someone and has walked through the hospital system with their loved one.
- Comfortable with sharing both positive and negative experiences.
- Patients should have previously attended a PVN orientation session. If you have not attended an orientation but are interested, please contact the engagement leader directly.
- Vacancies: 2
- If possible the patient partner(s) will be available to attend the next meeting on January 24. Meetings will occur every 4th Tuesday of each month from 2:00-3:00
- Meetings are held in-person at Kelowna General Hospital.
- Commitment – 6-8 meetings or one-to-one discussions with the chair between January-March 2017
ReimbursementParking will be covered with passes.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Okanagan, Interior Region