Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Are you a transgender, gender diverse and/or Two-Spirit person with an interest in helping to improve the accessibility of mental health services for trans people? Would you like to help review a written resource intended to help mental health providers offer better service?
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentProvincial Health Services Authority - Trans Care BC
AimWe are developing a written toolkit to help mental health providers provide better care for trans, gender diverse and Two-Spirit. We are looking for feedback from patient partners who have experience with the services we are attempting to improve. The patient partners will be asked to review a draft version of the toolkit, provide feedback and suggested revisions.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of consult on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will listen to and acknowledge your ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityThe patient partners for this engagement will have:
- Lived experience as a transgender, gender diverse and/or Two-Spirit person
- Experience as a user of the mental health system (i.e.: mental health and substance use services, private counselling services, or other mental health programs and systems)
- Interest in reviewing documents and providing suggested additions and revisions (experience with editing is helpful)
- Access to internet, phone and email for communication and review of materials
- Vacancies: 5
- Format: Patient partners with experience in accessing mental health services will be asked to review a 106 page toolkit in preparation for a teleconference focus group. They will be asked to provide suggestions, revisions and additions to the toolkit. We will listen to and acknowledge their ideas and concerns, and provide feedback on how their input affected the decision.
- Introductory call: Monday Nov 20, at 3pm
- Focus Group: TBD during the week of December 4 - the call will be set to accommodate interested patient partners' schedules.
ReimbursementA toll free phone line will be provided for teleconference meetings and no travel will be required.
BackgroundThis toolkit is intended as a general guide for those that provide mental health and well being services to transgender, gender diverse and Two-Spirit people. The toolkit is a collaborative effort between Trans Care BC, trans, gender diverse, and Two-Spirit people and mental health providers with many years of experience working alongside trans communities. It contains information and practice resources aimed at creating safer clinical environments for trans people and enhancing skills and knowledge regarding trans cultural safety and mental health. This opportunity has come about because of the desire to include patient voices and perspectives in the toolkit. The content of the toolkit will be reviewed by other mental health clinicians and people that work with Trans Care BC.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Thompson Cariboo