Posted • Last updated
Connection method: Virtual
Open to Vancouver Island Region, patient partners across the Comox Valley region
The Comox Valley Division of Family Practice is seeking patient partners to join their working group. Join us and have your say!
Comox Valley Division of Family Practice Primary Care Network
The Comox Valley Division of Family Practice uses a system to help connect patients to new family doctors with their “Health Connect Registry”. Our Primary Care Network has developed a working group and we are seeking patient partners to participate and provide patient perspective on how this registry system works in the Comox Valley.
Patient partners will:
• inform patient perspective of patient attachment (the term we use to describe when a person is taken on as a patient by a family physician or a nurse practitioner) to primary care provider
• inform the process from a patient perspective.
Level of Engagement
This opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will involve patients in planning and design phases to ensure ideas or concerns are considered and reflected in alternatives and recommendations.
• Open to patient partners from: Comox Valley region.
• Comfortable sharing your health care journey and experiences as a patient or family member with a team of health care providers.
• Experience receiving health care within the Comox Valley.
• Preference for a patient partner who currently has a family physician.
• Please note:
– This opportunity, as with all Island Health patient engagement opportunities, is not open to Island Health staff members or patient partners who are currently employed by Island Health. If you have questions regarding this, please email email@example.com
– The placement process for this opportunity may include an informal interview between the volunteer and the health care partner.
– Applicants must have previously attended a PVN orientation session and completed the Patient Partner Commitments form. If you have not attended an orientation session but you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Charmaine Niebergall directly to see if accommodations may be possible.
– As required by the October 14, 2021 Public Health Order released by the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination is required to access any in-person meetings at an Island Health site. Proof of vaccination can be provided by way of a Vaccination Passport or Vaccination card, along with government issued photo ID. For patient partnership activities that are virtual only (via Zoom, video conference, phone, etc.), proof of vaccination is not required.
• Number of vacancies: 2
• Date/Time: 2 hours per month (day and time to be determined)
• Location: Virtually using Zoom
• Commitment: 1 year with possible extension
No out-of-pocket expenses are anticipated for this engagement opportunity. However, this engagement opportunity will follow the Peer Payment Standards for Short Term Engagements. If you meet the eligibility criteria but have concerns about your ability to participate, please contact Charmaine Niebergall firstname.lastname@example.org to see if support options are available. We are always seeking to better understand and reduce barriers to participation.
This working group was formed as a result of the growing attachment gap with primary care in the Comox Valley and the rest of the province. The working group includes the Attachment Coordinator, a Nurse Practitioner, family doctors, an administrative assistant, patient partners and Primary Care Network Manager. A Terms of Reference and implementation plan will be developed and reviewed as part of this working group. Ideally we would like patient partners that are already attached to primary care as this is working group will not be providing a service for sourcing primary care providers.