Posted • Last updated
Open to Vancouver Island Region, Patient partners across Vancouver Island
Do you have experience with care in Island Health Emergency Departments? We are looking for two patient partners with an interest in improving the quality and safety of emergency patient care through participation on the Island Health Emergency Services Quality Council.
Open to: Patient partners across Vancouver Island
Lead Organization or DepartmentIsland Health , Emergency Services Quality Council
AimImprove emergency patient care safety and quality for Vancouver Island patients. The goal is to engage patient advisors in decision making and developing alternatives, recommendations and solutions to the fullest extent possible.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate (at the local community or program level) on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will look to you for advice in decision making, developing alternatives, and solutions and include your recommendations into the decision as much as possible.
- Open to volunteers throughout the Island able to make quarterly meetings in Nanaimo
- Comfortable speaking in front of a large group of people in a committee meeting setting
- Ability to use personal experience constructively to contribute to big picture problem solving
- PVN members need to have previously attended a PVN orientation session. (If you have not attended an orientation but are interested please contact Ryan directly to see if accommodations may be possible).
- Vacancies: 2
- Date & Time: Quarterly on Wednesdays
- Next in-person meetings at Vancouver Island University: June 7, 2017 9:30 - 15:00 & Dec 14, 2017 9:30 - 15:00
- Commitment: One year or more
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in-person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Island Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking and public transit, etc). Lunch is provided.
BackgroundThe Emergency Services Quality Council is a regional quality council whose members provide organizational and medical guidance in quality planning and the setting of Island-wide expectations/standards in the Emergency Services program area. Membership and other relevant details are identified in the Terms of Reference.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Central & North Vancouver Island