Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health Communities
Be a part of implementing community health services to keep seniors healthy and well at home.
Fraser Health is looking for an energetic, community-minded senior who can contribute their voice to the transition of the CARES program for preventing frailty into the community. This innovative program puts together the best minds in seniors’ health care across Fraser Health, creating programs that promote seniors’ thriving at home and accessing services in the community.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health Communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentThe Community Actions and Resources Empowering Seniors (CARES) Project Team
- Patient partners work alongside health care partners to carry out the implementation plans for a preventative primary care program that decreases frailty in seniors and promotes aging well into the community
- The patient volunteers will share their lived experience with CARES team members with the goal of informing the transition of the program into community
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to patient partners in Fraser Health who:
- Are over the age of 65
- Are someone who can speak to a lived experience;
- Are excited to share their story in front of health care providers and leaders; and
- Are willing to contribute their knowledge to a system-wide strategy.
- Vacancies: 1
- Meetings are once a month, typically at 1pm. Days of the week vary.
- Meeting are held at Fraser Health Corporate Office, Suite 400, Central City Tower 13450 – 102nd Avenue Surrey, BC
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking up to $10/day, public transit)
BackgroundFor more information, see background document.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley