Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Do you have an interest in helping to create a ripple effect of positive change across the province? Do you see the benefit in health care providers asking patients and families “What Matters to You?” If you are passionate about advancing patient- and family–centered care in BC, please join us as “What Matters to You?” Ambassadors.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
Aim“What matters to you?” is a simple question that can have a big impact on care. When providers have a conversation about what really matters to the people they care for, it helps to ensure care is aligned with patient and family member preferences. When health care providers ask patients and families “What matters to you?” it truly invites them into a partnership over their care. We need your help in sharing this message! The BCPSQC is looking for patient partners who are interested in helping spread awareness of this initiative and we want to work with you to develop and deliver an engagement plan that suits your comfort and desired level of commitment throughout the year.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the research partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to PVN Patient Partners across the province who:
- Are interested in helping spread the message and importance of asking patients “What matters to you?”
- Have completed a PVN orientation
- Attend an engagement webinar to learn, brainstorm, and develop the engagement plan for the “What Matters to You?” initiative.
- During the webinar for the engagement plan, patient partners will be able to share their passions and thoughts on how the “What Matters to You?” message should be shared, as well as sign up for areas and activities that suit their interest and schedule throughout the year.
- WMTY is a full year initiative, with events and activities throughout the year (many of which will be brainstormed in the above mentioned engagement webinar). Patient partners will sign up and choose activities if/when they align with your availability and interest.
LogisticsNumber of Vacancies: Unlimited
ReimbursementPre-approved costs for travel to and from events in your local community will be reimbursed.
Background“What Matters to You?” Day started in Norway in 2014, with the simple goal of encouraging meaningful conversations between patients, caregivers, and families, and their health care providers. The BCPSQC has previously participated in “What Matters to You?” Day, but this year we are doing something different! We are turning one day of action into a year-long initiative because asking “What Matters?” is important all year long. In partnership with the Patient Voices Network’s Oversight & Advisory Committee and health care organizations across the province, we are encouraging providers to have “What matters to you?” conversations with the people they support or care for. Because patients are the true experts on their own needs and experiences – asking, listening and responding to what matters to patients is a key feature of patient- and family-centred care. For more information, please visit our website.
Health Care Partner Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Provincial