Posted • Last updated
Open to Interior Region, Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Being able to connect on a human-to-human level is a part of any successful network. The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is looking for you to join us in developing ways for the Patient Voices Network members to connect using virtual platforms and other means.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Improve connections between PVN members through exploring ways to keep patient partners linked and supported by:
- Generating new ideas around how we can better support new patient partners when they sign up to the Network after orientation
- Planning and implementing new ways to empower patient partners to enhance connections with each other
- Discussing the potential for outreach, co-design & co-facilitation
- Developing resources to support newly identified ideas for enhanced connection
- Evaluating the impact of new PVN supports after implementation
- Patient partners will provide their insight into resources, tools and approaches that best fit for them
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible. BCPSQC has established a decision-making process that supports the on-going work of PVN. You can find it here.
EligibilityThis opportunity is open to patient partners from across the province who are:
- Comfortable participating in the working group by webinar (support will be provided to those that need help)
- Available to review materials outside of the webinar meetings
- Vacancies: 5
- Date and Time: First meeting to be held mid May 2020. Future schedule to be determined by the working group members. We anticipate more frequent meetings early on, which would then reduce to once per month.
- Location: Online meetings via WebEx
- Commitment: 1-year term
ReimbursementNo expenses are anticipated.
BackgroundOver the past few months we have heard great interest in opportunities to build on the energy of the PVN community. Your desire to be a part of guiding PVN through your lived experience has led us to develop a focus area called ‘PVN Community’. This focus area will seek guidance from health care and patient partners to
- Build the network
- Increase opportunities for connection
- Enhance the new members process, and
- Expand our commitment and support for diverse voices
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement