Posted • Last updated
Open to Provincial Region, Patient partners across the province
Patient Voices Network (PVN) members are the strength of the network with great ideas and passion to increase PVN’s profile and build connections! We want to tap into that energy and work with you on the PVN Ambassador Working Group.
Open to: Patient partners across the province
Lead Organization or DepartmentBC Patient Safety & Quality Council (BCPSQC)
- To explore the role of PVN Ambassadors including creating support resources, planning and running recruitment, and building an evaluation of the role
- The scope of the working group is to consider the following activities while ensuring alignment with PVN’s financial policies and responsibilities related to sharing of personal information
- Patient partners will contribute ideas based on their PVN experience and provide guidance to the structure and function of the Ambassador program
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of collaborate on the spectrum of engagement. The promise to you is that the health care partner will work together with you to formulate solutions and incorporate your advice and recommendations into the decisions to the maximum extent possible. BCPSQC has established a decision-making process that supports the on-going work of PVN. You can find it here.
EligibilityThis opportunity is open to patient partners from across the province who are:
- Comfortable participating in the working group by webinar (support will be provided to those that need help)
- Available to review materials outside of the webinar meetings
- BCPSQC believes that decision making is enhanced through diversity. The Working Group will be guided by the principle of diversity among members, including geographic, cultural, experience, age, and gender.
- Vacancies: 5
- Date and Time: First meeting to be held mid May 2020. Future schedule to be determined by the working group members. We anticipate more frequent meetings early on, which would then reduce to once per month.
- Location: Online meetings via Webex
- Commitment: One-year term
ReimbursementNo expenses are anticipated.
BackgroundOver the past few months we have heard great interest in opportunities to build on the energy of the PVN community. Your desire to be a part of guiding PVN through your lived experience has led us to develop a focus area called "PVN Community". This focus area will seek guidance from health care and patient partners to
- Build the network
- Increase opportunities for connection
- Enhance the new members process, and
- Expand our commitment and support for diverse voices
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient & Public Engagement | Vancouver Island