Posted • Last updated
Open to Fraser – Vancouver Coastal, Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Health research has the potential to inform and improve health care practice. Co-design of research between patients and providers creates an opportunity for a collective voice that highlights critical questions to be answered. The Fraser Centre, part of the BC SUPPORT Unit and the national Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR), is seeking patient partners to be involved in an upcoming workshop that provides the foundations for patient-oriented research. This is a co-learning format in which patients, researchers and health care providers will participate together and learn from each other.
Open to: Patient partners in Fraser Health communities
Lead Organization or DepartmentFraser Centre, BC SUPPORT Unit Aim
- Acquire foundational knowledge about health research to become full-fledged members of a research team;
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships for conducting patient-oriented research;
- Work as a team to carry-out patient-oriented research and produce quality scientific knowledge in a given health-related field.
Level of EngagementThis opportunity is at the level of involve on the spectrum of engagement (www.iap2.org). The promise to you is that the health care partner will work with you to ensure that your ideas and concerns are reflected in recommendations and provide feedback on how your input affected the decision.
EligibilityThis invitation is being extended to volunteers in the Fraser Area who are:
- Interested in research
- Have ideas or would like to learn about how patients can be more involved in research co-design
- Vacancies: 12
- Date/Time: This workshop consists of 3 modules spread over 2½ days
- May 5, 2017 – 6:00pm to 8:30pm Patient-Oriented Research
- May 6, 2017 – 9:00am to 4:00pm Fundamentals of Health Research in Canada
- May 7, 2017 – 9:00am to 4:00pm Building Partnerships and Consolidating Teams
- Location: Barham Pavilion, Surrey Memorial Hospital.
ReimbursementPreapproved expenses related to travel to in person meetings will be reimbursed according to the Fraser Health Travel policy (including mileage, parking, tolls and/or public transit).
BackgroundPlease check out this link.
Engagement Leader Contact Information
Engagement Leader, Patient and Public Engagement | Fraser Valley